A very healthy strawberry crop is showing up at FARM Markets. The rain came at just the right time! This week marks the first Wednesday market of the season on May 12 at 3:00 p.m.
Here is the latest list of items expected this week at FARM Markets. It is updated as farmers/producers/growers send word. So, check back often.
VEGETABLES & HERBS & FRUIT
- Specialty Lettuce, Spinach, Bright Lights Swiss Chard & More from Crosswind Farm (Knoxville only)
- Lettuce: Buttercrunch, Romain, Red, Green & Galisse. Curly & Italian Kale, Baby Spinach & Arugula, SwissChard, Broccoli, Bok Choy, Cauliflower, Radishes & Strawberries from Mountain Meadows Farm
- Strawberries, Lettuce & Asparagus from Kings Hydrofarm
- Black-seeded Simpson, Romaine & Tropicana Lettuce, Arugula & Pastured Eggs from Purring Dog Farm.
- Fresh Asparagus, Green Onions, Green Shallots & Hay mulch bales from Terraced Gardens Farm
- Green Onions, Kale, Lettuce, Swiss Chard & Arugula from Wilson Family Farm (Oak Ridge only)
- Strawberries from Ray Adkisson (Oak Ridge only)
- Basil Varieties: Sweet, Thai, Lettuce Leaf, Greek Columnar, Lemon, Pistou, Mini Purple, Red Rubin, African Blue & Cinnamon from Erin’s Meadow Herb Farm (Oak Ridge only)
HONEY & HONEY PRODUCTS
- Honey from Shirley DeBusk
MEATS & EGGS
- Ground Beef, Ribeye & Filet Mignon from Mitchell Family Farms
- Beef, Chicken and Specialty Meats such as Bison & Elk from Laurel Creek Meats
- Eggs – Several vendors
- Farmstead Sheep’s Milk Cheeses-5 varieties (Young & Aged) from Locust Grove Farm-All Markets
- Chevre Soft Goat Cheese: Dill & Garlic, Italian Herb, Chipotle Red Pepper, Apple & Spice and Plain from Kira’s Kids Dairy on Friday only.
- Cheese varieties from Sweetwater Valley Farm
BAKED GOODS & OTHER
- Jams, Jellies & Syrup from Kings Hydrofarm
- Breads, Cookies, Scones & Breakfast Pastries from VG’s Bakery
- Tuesday: Ciabatta & Oatmeal breads, Maple-spiced Nuts, Chocolate-Nut & Cranberry Scones, Granola & Carrot-Raisin Muffins. Fri-Saturday: Sunny Flax, Pain au Levain & Dill breads. Vegan Muffins, Gingerbread, Scones & Granola from Hillside Bakery
- Breads & Baked Goods from Abundant Harvest Farm (Knoxville only)
PLANTS – FRESH CUT FLOWERS
- Herbs, Annuals & Perennials from Betty Longworth
- Wildflowers & Native Shrubs from Lori McAlister (Oak Ridge)
- Hosta Plants, Tree Peonies & More from White’s Nursery
- Blueberry Plants (6 varieties) & Children’s Gardens from Greenbriar Nursery.
Please check with individual farmers/growers regarding organic and pesticide-free products.
See you at the Farmers Markets!