The rain and sun are bringing the local STRAWBERRIES out in droves. Plenty to enjoy from all markets!
Here is the latest list of items expected this week at FARM Markets. It is updated as farmers/producers/growers send word. So, check back often.
VEGETABLES & HERBS & FRUIT
- Basil Varieties: Sweet, Thai, Lettuce Leaf, Greek Columnar, Lemon, Pistou, Mini Purple, Red Rubin, African Blue & Cinnamon from Erin’s Meadow Herb Farm (Oak Ridge only)
- Red & Green Leaf Lettuce, Bok Choy, Spinach, Arugula, Broccoli & Strawberries from Mountain Meadows Farm
- Fresh Asparagus, Green Onions & Green Shallots from Terraced Gardens Farm
- Strawberries, Lettuce & Asparagus from Kings Hydrofarm
- Spinach, Lettuces & Swiss Chard from Crosswind Farm (Knoxville only)
- Lettuce, Swiss Chard & Arugula from Wilson Family Farm (Oak Ridge only)
- Strawberries from Ray Adkisson (Oak Ridge only)
HONEY & HONEY PRODUCTS
- Honey from Shirley DeBusk (Tuesday/Saturday only)
MEATS & EGGS
- Ground Beef, Ribeye & Filet Mignon from Mitchell Family Farms
- Beef, Chicken and Specialty Meats such as Bison & Elk from Laurel Creek Meats
- Eggs – Several vendors
- Farmstead Sheep’s Milk Cheeses-5 varieties (Young & Aged) from Locust Grove Farm-All Markets
- Chevre Soft Goat Cheese: Dill & Garlic, Italian Herb, Chipotle Red Pepper, Apple & Spice and Plain from Kira’s Kids Dairy on Friday only.
- Cheese varieties from Sweetwater Valley Farm
BAKED GOODS & OTHER
- Breads, Cookies, Scones & Breakfast Pastries from VG’s Bakery
- Sun-dried Tomato, Sunny Flax, Pain au Levain & Raisin breads. Vegan Muffins, Gingerbread, Scones & Granola Friday & Saturday from Hillside Bakery
- Breads, Belgian Waffles, Cinn Rolls & more from Abundant Harvest Farm (Knoxville only)
- Jams & Jellies from Kings Hydrofarm
PLANTS – FRESH CUT FLOWERS
- Herbs, Annuals & Perennials from Betty Longworth
- Wildflowers & Native Shrubs from Lori McAlister (Oak Ridge)
- Blueberry & Strawberry Plants, Three Sisters Gardens, Swiss Chard, Jerusalem Artichoke & more from Greenbriar Nursery:Edible Landscaping (Tues/Knoxville only)
- Hosta Plants, Tree Peonies & More from White’s Nursery
Please check with individual farmers/growers regarding organic and pesticide-free products.
See you at the Farmers Markets!