Farmers are used to the whims of Mother Nature. That’s why the Knoxville & Oak Ridge FARM Markets operate rain or shine. So, if the wet stuff is in the forecast, grab your umbrella and join us for the finest in local produce, cheese, eggs, meats & baked goods!
Shannon Meadows reports Mountain Meadows Farm will have local strawberries at the FARM Market by Friday! Shannon is being featured Tuesday on WVLT Ch. 8 on a story about CSA’s (Community Supported Agriculture) slated to run in the 11 p.m. news.
There are wonderful crops and plants coming to Markets and it’s a great time to plant herbs if you’re interested in flexing your green thumb.
Below is the latest list of items expected this week at market. It is updated as farmers/producers/growers send word. So, check back often.
VEGETABLES & HERBS & FRUIT
- Basil Varieties: Sweet, Thai, Lettuce Leaf, Greek Columnar, Lemon, Pistou, Mini Purple, Red Rubin, African Blue & Cinnamon from Erin’s Meadow Herb Farm (Oak Ridge only)
- Lettuce, Bok Choy, Spinach, Arugula, Broccoli & Strawberries from Mountain Meadows Farm
- Fresh Asparagus & Green Onions from Terraced Gardens Farm
- Strawberries from Kings Hydrofarm
HONEY & HONEY PRODUCTS
- Honey from Shirley DeBusk
MEATS & EGGS
- Ground Beef, Ribeye & Filet Mignon from Mitchell Family Farms
- Beef, Chicken and Specialty Meats such as Bison & Elk from Laurel Creek Meats
- Eggs – Several vendors
- Farmstead Sheep’s Milk Cheeses-5 varieties (Young & Aged) from Locust Grove Farm-All Markets
- Chevre Soft Goat Cheese: Dill & Garlic, Italian Herb, Chipotle Red Pepper, Apple & Spice and Plain from Kira’s Kids Dairy on Friday only.
- Breads, Cookies, Scones & Breakfast Pastries from VG’s Bakery
- Ciabatta, Scones, Gingerbread, Muffins & Granola on Tuesday; Rustic, Sunny Flax breads, Muffins, Scones & Granola Friday & Saturday from Hillside Bakery
- Breads, Belgian Waffles, Cinn Rolls & more from Abundant Harvest Farm (Knoxville only)
PLANTS – FRESH CUT FLOWERS
- Herbs, Annuals & Periennals from Betty Longworth
- Wildflowers & Native Shrubs from Lori McAlister (Oak Ridge)
- Blueberry & Strawberry Plants, Three Sisters Gardens, Swiss Chard, Jerusalem Artichoke & more from Greenbriar Nursery:Edible Landscaping (Knoxville only)
- Hosta Plants, Tree Peonies & More from White’s Nursery
Please check with individual farmers/growers regarding organic and pesticide-free products.
See you at the Farmers Markets!