Fresh, local food is still plentiful at the Knoxville & Oak Ridge FARM Markets. The fall crops are coming in! Speaking of which, found this recipe for Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Risotto. It sounded too good not to share! Link is here: http://krissa.org/blog/?p=28
A reminder! This Saturday is “Breakfast with the Farmers Market” in Oak Ridge. Look for live entertainment and more!
Here is the latest from our FARM members for markets this week:
- Collard Greens
- Sweet Potatoes
- Pumpkins: Decorative & Pie Pumpkins
- Keiffer Pears
- Sweet Corn
- Herbs : Basil, Thyme, Cilantro
- Squash: Butternut, Zucchini, Yellow, Acorn
- Fresh Cut Flowers
- Colored Sweet Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Okra: three varieties
- Assorted Plants, including Mums & Banana plants!
- Meats: Beef, Elk & Chicken in a variety of cuts available.
- Pasture-raised, organic Thanksgiving turkeys & turkey breasts from Westwind Farms. Reservations at email@example.com
- Fresh Eggs
- Sheeps milk cheeses- several varieties
- VG’s Bakery: Oatmeal & Whole Wheat Breads, Biscuits, Mexican Cornbread, English muffin toasting bread, cookies, scones
NOTE: Please check with individual vendors regarding pesticide-free products.